Conquering the Cold: Day 16 of My London Marathon 2023 Training

 Well, well, well, it's day 16 of my London Marathon 2023 training and let me tell you, it was bloody freezing out there today! I'm talking minus 3.5 degrees Celsius, so cold that I had to wear my neck scarf over my face! I even had to steal my wife's hat to keep my ears warm. Now, I know some of you may be thinking, 'Oh, it's just a bit cold, it's nothing.' But let me tell you, when you're trying to push your body to its limits, the last thing you want is to be feeling like an ice lolly.

Anyway, moving on to today's session. I thought it was going to be the usual intervals session of 4 x 5 minutes heart rate zone 4 with 1:30 rest. But as I got to the school gates at the end of the final interval, my trusty old Garmin Fenix 6s Pro beeped at me, and upon looking down, it told me that I had a FIFTH 5-minute run to complete! Coupled with the intense cold, this was a real challenge as I don't like having to run past my finishing point. But, I'm pleased to say that I did it!

I have to say, I'm starting to enjoy these interval runs more and more. I can definitely feel my body recovering quicker between hard efforts, which is always a good sign. To be honest, the true test will be when the weather warms up and I can see if I can maintain this level of performance.

All in all, it was a tough day out there, but I'm feeling good and ready for whatever the next day of training throws at me. Just as long as it's not minus 3.5 degrees Celsius again! Brrrrr!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey