Day 14: Navigating the A2 and Sheep on a Long Run Day

 Day 14 of my London Marathon 2023 training journey was a long run day, and I decided to spend my 90 minutes on an out-and-back route in the direction of Faversham along the A2. The route took me through Bapchild, Teynham and Norton before I returned home.

The run was quite challenging, as it was difficult to maintain my zone 2 heart rate. I found that the tiredness caused by a little less sleep from watching the Jaguars beat the Chargers in the NFL playoffs put my heart under a little more stress than usual. I didn't realise that lack of sleep could affect your heart rate like that, but it's something to keep in mind for the future.

My wife suggested that my blog would be more interesting if I posted a picture of myself, so this time, I have a mid-run photo of me standing in front of some sheep. It's a reminder of the beautiful countryside that I get to run through on my training journey.

Overall, it was a tough but rewarding run, and I'm looking forward to continuing my training and seeing how my body adapts and improves. Stay tuned for more updates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey