Day 17: Feeling the Adverse Effects of No Food Before Training

Today was cross-training day for my London Marathon 2023 training programme and you know what that means? Yep, it's time to hop on the stationary bike at the school gym. Now, don't get me wrong, I love a good cardio workout as much as the next person, but let's be real, the stationary bike is about as thrilling as watching grass grow.

The real issue I faced today, however, was the lack of food before my session. You see, when you wake up early and more or less exercise straight away, it leaves little time for a proper breakfast. And, as you can imagine, an empty stomach is not something I cope well with. So, I may have to try having a small snack like fruit to go along with my coffee for the drive to school. I don't want to faint outside the school gates now, do I?

But, in all seriousness, it's important to fuel your body properly before any workout, especially when training for a marathon. Trust me, I've learnt my lesson the hard way. And, as the saying goes, "fail to prepare, prepare to fail."

So, to all my friends out there, don't make the same mistake as me and make sure you fuel your body properly before any workout. And, if you're like me and can't stomach food before a workout, try a small snack like fruit to hold you over until after.

But, enough about my stomach issues, let's talk about the workout itself. 45 minutes on the stationary bike may not seem like much, but let me tell you, it's a great way to give your legs a break from all the running and still get a great workout in. Plus, it's a great way to mix up your routine and keep things interesting.

So, there you have it, day 17 of my London Marathon 2023 training programme. I hope this little insight into my training has been helpful and maybe even a little bit amusing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey