Day 22 of London Marathon 2023 Training: The Importance of Listening to Your Body

 Today was another rest day for me, which was a good thing as my right knee began to ache. While it's probably nothing serious, it's important to listen to your body and take the necessary precautions to prevent injury.

One way I did this today was by sitting a bit more at work. As a rule, I stand up 99% of the time and work and teach at a standing desk. However, today I made an exception and took a bit more time to sit and give my knee a break.

Rest days are an important part of any training plan, and it's crucial to listen to your body and take the time to recover when needed. It's better to take a step back and rest now, than to push through an injury and risk missing out on the marathon altogether.

Tomorrow, I'll be back to training with more intervals. I'm feeling refreshed and ready to tackle my next training session.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey