Day 30 of my London Marathon 2023 Training Blog: Interval Training on the Hills of Rochester

 Today I was back to interval training and took on 5 x 6-minute hard runs in heart rate zone 4, with a 1:30-minute recovery in between. And, of course, the trusty hills of Rochester were waiting for me.

The hills of Rochester are my regular intervals route, and they never seem to get any easier. But, that's what makes it so rewarding. Today, my legs didn't feel fully recovered from Sunday's long run, but I was determined to push through. And push through I did!


I've said it before, and I'll say it again - if you can run up and down the hills of Rochester, you can run anywhere. The hills were steep, and seemed to go on forever, but I didn't give up. I kept putting one foot in front of the other, and before I knew it, I had made it to the top.

Now, as far as fuel goes, I did have a bowl of porridge for breakfast, but it wasn't a treat. It was simply fuel to help me recover from the hills of Rochester. And let me tell you, that bowl of porridge with honey was just what I needed.

So, how did I do? I was feeling the burn, but I was also feeling proud. Proud of myself for pushing through, for tackling the hills of Rochester, and for continuing to train for the London Marathon.

And, as I sit here, typing away, I can't help but feel excited for the journey ahead. The London Marathon is going to be an amazing experience, and I'm grateful to have the hills of Rochester to help me prepare.

Finally, I want to take a moment to remind everyone that you can sponsor me via my GoFundMe page. The funds raised will go towards the Sittingbourne Carnival Court, and help create opportunities for the girls and young women of Sittingbourne. It's a great way to give back to the local community and make a positive impact. So, if you're able, please consider making a donation. https://gofund.me/6cee4f60

Until next time, friends. Keep running!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey