Running Up Hills and Kicking Goals: Day 23 of My London Marathon 2023 Training

 Day 23 of my London Marathon 2023 training and it was back to intervals today. The intensity level is really starting to ramp up with 3 x 8 minute runs in heart rate zone 4 with a 2 minute recovery. The warm up also subtly increased to 15 minutes, so I expect my mileage to increase this week.

The third interval was a real killer, especially as I had to run the entire duration up Maidstone Road in Rochester. If you're not familiar with the area, it's a long and punishing hill, and I'm pretty sure it's the reason why the locals are so fit. But, on a positive note, my knee doesn't seem to be giving me any problems today.

As a teacher, I'm used to feeling the pressure to push through difficult tasks and this training has been no different. It's been a mental and physical challenge, but I'm determined to make it to the finish line. The thought of crossing that finish line and achieving my goal is what keeps me going on those tough days.

I'm excited to see the progress I'll make in the coming weeks as I continue to push myself to reach my potential. I know there will be more difficult days ahead, but I'm ready to face them head-on and come out stronger on the other side.

Until next time, keep pushing yourself and never give up on your dreams, even if the going gets tough and you feel like you're "running around in circles".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey