Running with a Buddy: Tales from Day 21 of My London Marathon Training

 Day 21 of my London Marathon training and it was time for the long run. Today, I decided to take a scenic route around the outside of Sittingbourne and it took me a total of 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete.

Normally, I prefer to run solo, but today I had my trusty running buddy Polly with me in the buggy. Having her with me definitely made the run more enjoyable and less lonely. I mean, who doesn't love a little company during a long run?

However, as the run came to an end, I was incredibly tired. I realized that I had stayed up the night before to watch the end of the Jacksonville Jaguars vs Kansas City Chiefs game (unfortunately, the Jags lost), which definitely took a toll on me.

After the run, I couldn't resist the temptation to take a nap and ended up sleeping for an hour. I guess you could say that I was "running on empty" after staying up late to catch the game. But all jokes aside, it's important to listen to your body and make sure to get enough rest and sleep.

In any case, I'm feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the next training day. Now, if only the Jags could have won the game, I might have had a little more energy for my run!

But all in all, it was another successful long run day and I'm one step closer to my goal of completing the London Marathon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey