Supporting the Revival of the Sittingbourne Carnival Court: My Journey to the London Marathon 2023

 Hello everyone!

Today, on Day 29 of my London Marathon 2023 training, I'm excited to announce my support for a truly special community initiative - The Sittingbourne Carnival Court.

The Sittingbourne Carnival Court was recently reformed in January 2023 after the Covid-19 pandemic almost brought the whole idea of the Court to an end. During this time, the Carnival Court float fell into disrepair and suffered storm damage, requiring total refurbishment. But, thanks to the tireless efforts of my wife Kelly and a number of volunteers, the Sittingbourne Carnival Court is now back on track and poised to bring the idea of 'Miss Sittingbourne' well into the third decade of the 21st century.

I believe that the Sittingbourne Carnival Court is a vital part of the community, and I am committed to supporting its mission of empowering young people and promoting the town. That's why I am taking on the challenge of running the London Marathon 2023 and raising funds for the refurbishment of the Carnival Court float.

By supporting the Sittingbourne Carnival Court, I am showing my commitment to this important initiative and helping to revitalize this important part of the community. The funds raised will go towards the refurbishment of the Carnival Court float, allowing it to continue to bring the community together and foster a sense of pride in the town.

To learn more about The Sittingbourne Carnival Court, visit their Facebook page: facebook.com/sittingbournecarnivalcourt.

And, to support my efforts to raise funds for this great cause, please consider donating to my GoFundMe page: https://gofund.me/56adc6c2.

Thank you for your support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey