Day 38: The Unexpected Hurdle

 Today started as any other training day for me, with my 30-minute recovery run around the streets of Rochester. I was feeling great and ready to tackle another day of teaching. However, just as I was getting ready to start the day at school, I received some unexpected news.

My daughter Daisy was continuing to feel unwell and had not had a great night and upon seeking further medical advice, I needed to take her back to see the doctor. It was a stressful and worrying time, as it's never easy to see your children not feeling well. I quickly made arrangements and took her for some tests and observations.

Despite the unexpected interruption, I was grateful to have a supportive team at work who were understanding and allowed me to take the time I needed. As a teacher and a parent, it's important to have that balance and support when unexpected things arise.

Thankfully, after a few hours, Daisy seemed to be back on the road to recovery and was in good spirits. I was relieved and grateful that she was on the mend. It was a reminder that health and family should always come first, no matter what else is happening in our lives.

Fingers crossed, tomorrow will be back to plan and I can get back to my training schedule without any further interruptions. I am grateful for the support of those around me and will continue to keep pushing forward towards the finish line of the London Marathon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey