Day 42: 16 Miles from Sittingbourne to Whitstable

 Today was a big day in my London Marathon 2023 training journey. I decided to embark on my longest run yet and run the 16 miles from Sittingbourne to Whitstable. This is a route that I have run twice before, but a number of years ago, so it was a little daunting as I set out.

I started my run feeling nervous but also excited. I had a good pace and the first few miles were a breeze. However, as I reached Faversham, which I thought was about halfway, I realised that it really wasn't close to halfway at all. It was a long run through the marshes of Graveney and onto Seasalter before arriving in Whitstable.

Despite the challenge, I was determined to finish the run and I was proud of myself for pushing through. I took the opportunity to take a photo outside 'The Two Brewers', which was the first pub I ever ordered a pint from (for those who are interested, it was a pint of Guinness). It brought back memories of my younger days and gave me a boost of energy to finish the run.

I ended the run at my parent's house and was greeted with a hot cup of coffee and a well-earned sit-down. It was a great feeling to have completed my longest run yet and I was proud of myself for pushing through the challenges.

Tonight is a big night for me as it is the NFL Superbowl with the Kansas City Chiefs taking on the Philadelphia Eagles. To keep us going, there is a cornucopia of American-style snacks, treats, and beers. I can't wait!

P.S. Don't forget, you can still donate via my GoFundMe page to the Sittingbourne Carnival Court. Last night, they officially selected the new Carnival Court, with a new Miss Sittingbourne being crowned. Your support will help make this year's Court a huge success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey