Day 48: Interval Training with a Twist

 Today was a bit of a strange Saturday for me because, to be honest, I completely forgot it was Saturday and had no idea what was going on. Has that ever happened to you while you're training, or is it just me being forgetful?

Anyway, once I remembered that it was intervals day, I got down to business. But there was a twist to today's training session. Since my wife, Kelly, was out, I had my trusty running buddy, Polly, join me in the buggy. The reason for this was twofold. Firstly, at 3 years old, Polly isn't quite ready to fend for herself at home. Secondly, my training programme called for some hill running. As you might know, Sittingbourne isn't exactly known for its hills, so pushing a three-year-old around seemed like a decent substitute.

The four sets of six-minute intervals in heart rate zone 4 were particularly tough, especially the final one, which was hampered by a stitch. I don't usually get stitches when I'm running, so it was a bit frustrating, to say the least. However, I managed to power through it, although it was challenging to stay in zone 4 for the full six minutes.

Tomorrow is a 2-hour 30-minute run, and I'm not looking forward to it. Unlike last week, I'll be sticking to the plan this time since it's a busy day and I'll have to head out early in the morning to fit everything in. But, as they say, no pain, no gain!

Finally, I wanted to remind you that you can donate to the Sittingbourne Carnival Court via my GoFundMe page. I'd like to thank those who have already donated. Your support means a lot to me, and it's for a great cause.

That's it for today's update. Keep on running, stay safe, and remember to have fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey