London Marathon 2023 Training: Day 51 - Progress and Preparing for Intervals

It's Day 51 of my London Marathon 2023 training blog, and I'm feeling pretty good today, despite the early start. I had to drag myself out of bed at 5:15am for my 30-minute recovery run in Rochester. Last night, I was performing official duties for the Sittingbourne Carnival Court, so I was a bit tired. However, I managed to complete the run without much difficulty.


Interestingly, my heart rate was lower than usual for a recovery run, which could mean that my fitness levels are improving. It's always motivating to see progress in my training, and it makes the early mornings and hard work feel worthwhile. I tackled a couple of inclines to get my heart rate into the desired zone 2, which was tough but satisfying.

Tomorrow, I have to face the dreaded early morning intervals. As much as I love pushing myself, I'm not looking forward to the intense workout. So, I plan to take it easy for the rest of the evening and focus on recovering for tomorrow's session.

Before I sign off, I'd like to mention my GoFundMe page for the Sittingbourne Carnival Court. It's a great cause, and any support is greatly appreciated. If you want to help me and the Carnival Court, please donate or spread the word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey