London Marathon Training: Day 46 - Reflections on an Easy Run Day

 Today was an easy run day for me, with a gentle 40 minutes in heart rate zone 2. Even though it is half-term for me, I had to get up early to run today as Kelly and I were handing the children over to grandparents and off to a spa break in Rochester. So this post is naturally shorter as I am trying to write it in the hotel room on my phone!

Easy runs are an essential part of any training plan, especially when it comes to marathon training. They allow your body to recover and adapt to the stress of previous workouts, which is crucial for staying injury-free and improving your performance over time. Running in heart rate zone 2, as I did today, also helps to build endurance and aerobic capacity.

I always find that easy runs are a great time to reflect on my training and my progress so far. It's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day grind of workouts, but taking a step back to think about the bigger picture can be really helpful for staying motivated and focused.

Of course, easy runs can also be a challenge in their own right. It can be tempting to push the pace or add in extra distance, but it's important to stick to the plan and trust the process. That's something I've been working on this training cycle, and I think it's paying off.

As for today's run, it was a beautiful morning to be out and about. The sun was just starting to rise, and Sittingbourne was still quiet and peaceful. It's moments like these that remind me why I love running so much.

Now, it's time to enjoy some well-deserved rest and relaxation. It can be hard to step away from the training for a bit, but I know that it will ultimately make me a stronger and more well-rounded person.

Thanks for following along with my training journey, and I'll be back soon with more updates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey