Pushing Through the Tough Times: Day 52 of My London Marathon 2023 Training Blog

 Welcome back to my London Marathon 2023 training blog. Today was day 52 of my training and it was back to intervals with the dreaded 3 x 10 minute efforts in heart rate zone 4 with a 1:30 minute rest in between. I have to admit, this is getting really hard now as my body, where it is now a bit fitter, has to work even harder to get into this zone.

Fortunately, the roads around my school in Rochester have plenty of hills, so I don't have to run too fast to get into the desired zone. However, despite the hilly terrain, I still found it difficult with the tiredness caused by the early wake up. In addition, my body in general just hurts more at that time in the morning - serves as a reminder that I am closer to 40 than I am to 30!

It's moments like these that really test your mental fortitude and determination. The discipline to get up early and train, especially on those days when your body is screaming for you to hit the snooze button, is what sets apart those who succeed in achieving their goals from those who don't. It's a reminder that if you want to achieve something great, you need to put in the work and push through the tough times.

As I near the halfway point of my marathon training, I am reminded that the journey to the finish line is not an easy one. There will be good days and bad days, days when everything seems to click and days when nothing goes right. The key is to keep pushing forward, no matter what. The hard work and dedication will pay off in the end.

Before I sign off, I want to remind you that you can donate to the Sittingbourne Carnival Court via my GoFundMe page. Every donation counts and will go towards supporting this great cause.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you in my next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey