Refueling for Success: How a Jam Sandwich Helped Me Conquer My Long Run

Today was a long run day, and after last week's setback, I was determined to get through the full 2 hours and 45 minutes scheduled for today. I knew I needed a plan to help me get through the run, and fortunately, my former science teacher and experienced runner Phil Larter gave me some valuable advice.

Phil recommended that I plan my run with a food break included, by lapping past my home. At first, I was hesitant to try this because I never knew whether I could keep up the motivation to continue past home. But I decided to give it a try, and I'm glad I did!

During my run, I lapped past my home and my wife Kelly expertly handed me a jam sandwich through the window by the front door. This little break helped me refuel and recharge, and I was able to carry on with the run without any issues. It was a small but effective change to my routine, and I'm grateful for Phil's advice.


Considering I was out late with the band last night, it was a good run to get through. I'm pleased with my progress, and I'm looking forward to resting up for the remainder of the evening and taking advantage of tomorrow's rest day.

Before I sign off, I want to remind you that you can still donate to the Sittingbourne Carnival Court via my GoFundMe page. Every little bit helps, and your support is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you on Day 57 of my London Marathon training blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

London Marathon 2023: Crossing the Finish Line and Reflecting on 16 Weeks of Training