Conquering Maidstone Road: My Struggle with Interval Running on Day 73 of London Marathon Training

 Today marked day 73 of my London Marathon training, and it was back to interval running. I have to say, it was definitely a struggle today. My legs just didn't feel like they had fully recovered from the weekend, but I pushed through the 3 x 10 minute efforts in heart rate zone 4.

One of the biggest challenges of today's run was tackling Maidstone Road in Rochester. If you're familiar with the area, you'll know that it's not an easy feat considering its continual rise. But I persevered and managed to conquer it! It's always a great feeling to push yourself beyond your limits and come out victorious on the other side.

But let's not dwell on the tough bits - today wasn't all bad! In fact, I was lucky enough to sample the delights of the school dinner roast. It's always a treat to indulge in some good old-fashioned comfort food, especially when you've just completed a gruelling workout.

Before I sign off, I just wanted to remind you all that you can still donate to the Sittingbourne Carnival Court via my GoFundMe page. Every little bit helps, and it would mean the world to me and the Court.

As always, thanks for tuning in to my training blog. Your support and encouragement means the world to me. Let's keep pushing ourselves to be the best versions of ourselves!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey