Day 72: Walking, Resting, and Preparing for Tough Intervals

 Day 72 of my London Marathon training programme involved taking a well-deserved break after the heavy half-marathon run on Sunday. As a result, I have enjoyed a rare two days off from running, and since I didn't have a car available, I walked to and from the train station for my daily commute. The extra physical activity meant that my step count remained high for the day, which was great.

Tomorrow, I'm excited to get back to running with a tough intervals session. Interval training involves alternating between high-intensity exercise and recovery periods, making it an effective way to improve cardiovascular fitness and increase speed. While I have discussed interval training in previous blog posts, I believe it's worth mentioning again as it is a key part of my training routine. It helps me break up the monotony of long-distance runs and challenge my body in new ways.

In summary, taking rest days is important for both physical and mental recovery during marathon training. However, adding interval training sessions to your routine can help improve fitness and keep things interesting. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's tough intervals session and the challenge it will bring to my training.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey