Day 81 of London Marathon Training: Recharging on a Rest Day

 It's day 81 of my London Marathon training, and today is a rest day. I was so grateful to have a little longer in bed this morning and catch up on some much-needed sleep. Sleep is something that I have been struggling with during my training. With all the long runs and intense workouts, it's been tough to get enough rest.

But today, I was able to take a step back and recharge my batteries. It's crucial to give our bodies time to recover and rebuild, especially during intense training periods like this. I know that I am pushing myself to the limit, so it's essential to take advantage of rest days like today.

As I look ahead to the next few weeks, I know that my training will only get more intense. Fortunately, I will have a couple of weeks off over Easter, which will give me a chance to get some much-needed recovery time. I plan on taking it easy during this time, so I can come back stronger and ready to tackle the final few weeks before the big day.

Before I go, I wanted to remind everyone that they can still donate to the Sittingbourne Carnival Court via my GoFundMe page. Every little bit helps, and I am incredibly grateful for all the support that I have received so far. Together, we can make a difference and help support this fantastic cause.

Thanks for reading, and I'll be back soon with another update on my training progress. Keep cheering me on, and I'll see you at the finish line!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey