Day 83 of London Marathon Training: Running with the Buggy at Sittingbourne Parkrun

 Today marks Day 83 of my London Marathon 2023 training, and I'm thrilled to share some great news with you. This morning, I participated in the Sittingbourne Parkrun, and what made it even more special was that I was able to bring Polly along in her running buggy.

It has been a while since I've joined one of these events, and I must say, it was refreshing to get out and run with other people in a race setting. It was a little slow at the start as I had to make sure that I didn't run anyone over with the buggy, but I managed to push myself sensibly and completed the race with a time of 27:04, which is just a few seconds shy of my Parkrun PB.

What made the event even more enjoyable was that I bumped into my former science teacher at the finish line. I often see him at running events, and it was great to catch up.

Participating in the Sittingbourne Parkrun was an excellent way to gauge my progress in my London Marathon 2023 training, and I'm pleased with how things are going. I'm feeling confident and motivated, and I'm looking forward to the marathon.

In these challenging times, it's crucial to keep yourself active and motivated. Whether it's running, walking, cycling or any other physical activity, it will benefit both your physical and mental health.

Lastly, I would like to remind you all that you can still make a difference and donate to the Sittingbourne Carnival Court via my GoFundMe page. No amount is too small, and every donation will go a long way in making a positive impact in the community. So, please consider donating if you haven't already.

I hope this post inspires you to get out there and get moving. Until next time, keep on running!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey