Day 88: Battling Through Illness in Marathon Training

 Today has been a tough one as I am still feeling under the weather. As predicted, the cold has really hit me hard and it has made it difficult for me to get through the day.

Despite feeling unwell, I managed to drag myself through the work day. I know that it's important to listen to my body and give it the rest it needs, but there are times when we just have to push through and get things done. Today was one of those days for me.

However, I am not going to push myself too hard. I know that rest is crucial for recovery, especially when you're training for a marathon. So, I have decided to call it an early night and get some much-needed rest.

It's important to remember that when you're training for a marathon, it's not just about the physical training. It's also about taking care of your body and mind. Rest and recovery are just as important as the actual training, and pushing yourself too hard can lead to burnout or injury.

As frustrating as it can be to have setbacks like this, it's important to remember that they are a natural part of the training process. It's how we handle these setbacks that truly defines us as runners.

So, while today may not have been my best day, I am not going to let it get me down. Instead, I am going to focus on getting the rest I need and trust that my body will recover in its own time.

Tomorrow is a new day, and I am hopeful that things will improve. But even if they don't, I know that I will keep pushing forward and doing my best, one step at a time. That's all we can really ask of ourselves in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey