Day 89: Dealing with a Cold During Marathon Training

 Today has been a tough day for me as the cold has hit me really badly. It's never easy when you're training for a marathon and your body starts to feel weak.

I limped through work today and it was a real struggle to stay focused and productive. I felt like my head was in a fog and my energy levels were extremely low. It was a reminder that sometimes, we need to take a break and give our bodies the rest they need.

Now, as I'm getting ready for bed, I'm signing off for the day. I know that the best thing I can do right now is to rest as much as I can to help my body recover from this one. I won't be doing any training today, but that's okay. My priority is to get better and be ready for the next training day.

So, if you're feeling unwell or exhausted, take a break. Listen to your body and give yourself the time and space you need to recover. This will not only help you get back on your feet faster, but it will also prevent further setbacks down the road.

Remember, training for a marathon is a journey, and there will be ups and downs along the way. What's important is that you stay committed to your goals and take care of yourself throughout the process. With patience, perseverance, and a healthy dose of rest, you can achieve anything you set your mind to.

On this note, I'm signing off for the day. Rest well, and I'll be back soon with more updates on my marathon training journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey