Finding Balance: Day 76 of London Marathon Training

 Today was a much needed rest day for me in preparation for tomorrow's three hour run. As much as I love running, I know how important it is to give my body the rest it needs in order to perform at its best. So, today I took it easy and focused on spending some quality time with my family.

I was able to take my daughter Daisy to her science club, which she absolutely loved! Seeing her enthusiasm for learning and exploring new things was truly inspiring. It's moments like these that make me grateful for the opportunity to be a parent and to share in my child's growth and development.

In addition to spending time with Daisy, I also managed to fit in a sit down on the sofa with a napping Polly. As any parent knows, nap time is a precious commodity and I was grateful for the chance to relax and recharge before tomorrow's big run.

As I reflect on today's rest day, I am reminded of the importance of balance in my training. It's not just about running long distances and pushing my body to its limits, but also taking the time to rest and recover in order to perform at my best.

So, as I look ahead to tomorrow's three hour run, I feel confident and ready. Thanks for following along on my journey and for your continued support. See you tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey