From Injury Setback to 3 Hour Run: My Marathon Training Journey Continues

 Welcome back to my London Marathon training blog on day 75! Today, I want to talk about my plans for this weekend's 3 hour run and how I'm preparing for it.

As you may recall from my last blog post, I experienced a slight injury setback yesterday during my run. However, I didn't let that deter me from my training plan. This morning, I went out for a little run to test my legs, and thankfully, everything felt good. As I suspected, the cause of the problem was the change of work shoes.

Looking ahead to this weekend, I'm planning to do a 3 hour run. This will equal my longest run so far and to prepare, I'm making sure to incorporate plenty of rest into my training plan. Rest and recovery are just as important as the actual running, so I'm making sure to prioritise them. I'm also planning my route carefully, making sure to include refueling stops along the way. Proper hydration and nutrition are crucial during long runs, so I'm making sure to plan accordingly.

In addition to my physical preparation, I'm also working on my mental toughness. Running for 3 hours straight is not an easy feat, and it requires a lot of mental strength and focus. I'm reminding myself that I can do this, and that I've put in the training and preparation to make it happen.

Overall, I'm feeling good about my training progress so far, and I'm looking forward to taking on this next challenge. Stay tuned for my next blog post, where I'll share how the 3 hour run went!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey