Countdown to the Finish Line: My Final Thoughts Before the London Marathon 2023

This is it! One day to go until the big race day. Tomorrow morning I will be at the start line in Greenwich to kick off the 26.2 mile run. In fact, it is crazy to think that after these 16 weeks of training, this time tomorrow, I will have already crossed the finish line and be back home! It's been an incredible journey, and I can't believe it's almost over.

As I sit here on the eve of the London Marathon 2023, I can't help but reflect on the past few months of training. It has been a tough journey with some ups and downs, but overall, I am extremely proud of myself for sticking with it. When I compare how I feel now with how I felt 4 years ago (when I last completed the London Marathon), my training this time has been so much better, and I have kept up with it too.

I have learned so much about myself during this training period. I've learned that I am capable of pushing myself to new limits and that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. I've also learned that consistency is key, and that it's important to stick to a training plan even when it gets tough. Most importantly, I've learned that running is not just about the physical challenge but also about the mental challenge. When I hit a wall during a long run, I remind myself of my motivation for running and push through the pain.

Tonight, will be a very laid back evening, with a big amount of pasta and plenty of water to ensure that I am well hydrated going into tomorrow. I want to make sure that I am in the best possible shape for the race. Hopefully, I will get a good night's sleep, but I won't worry too much about this as when Eliud Kipchoge successfully ran a sub two-hour marathon, he only managed 5 hours sleep the night before! I know that no matter how much sleep I get tonight, I will be ready to run tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day, not just for me but for everyone running the London Marathon. The atmosphere at the start line is going to be electric, and I can't wait to be a part of it. I have my race number 20949 pinned to my shirt, and I am ready to go. I will be running alongside thousands of other runners, all with their own stories and motivations for running. It's an incredible feeling, and I feel privileged to be a part of it.

If you are at a loose end tomorrow, you can follow my progress by tracking my race number 20949. I would love for you to be a part of my journey and cheer me on from afar. Of course, there is still time to donate to the Sittingbourne Carnival Court via my GoFundMe page. Thank you everyone for your support and well wishes so far. It means the world to me, and I know that it will give me the extra push I need to cross that finish line tomorrow.

As I write this, I am filled with excitement and nerves. The London Marathon is a huge challenge, but I know that I am ready for it. I am ready to push myself to new limits and see what I am capable of. Tomorrow, I will cross that finish line with my head held high, knowing that I have accomplished something truly incredible. I can't wait to write my final blog post tomorrow and share my experience with you all. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey