Day 101: Rest, Reflection, and Starting in Wave 7 - My London Marathon Journey Continues

 It was another rest day in my London Marathon 2023 training plan, and I must say, it was a welcome break. As much as I love to run, it's nice to have a day off to spend some quality time with my family and recharge my batteries. I made the most of the extra time by catching up on some reading and watching a movie with my loved ones.

But despite the day off, I did receive some news that got me thinking. I found out that I'll be starting the London Marathon in wave 7. For those who don't know, due to the sheer number of participants, runners have to be split up into separate waves, meaning that I'll likely not start until around 40-45 minutes after the official start time. This is okay - I mean, I'm not looking to run at the front of the race! Everyone is chip timed anyway, so your time does not officially start until you cross the start line.

But it did get me thinking about the logistics of such a huge event. The London Marathon is one of the biggest races in the world, and it takes a lot of planning and organisation to make sure everything runs smoothly. It's amazing how the organisers manage to cater to the needs of so many runners and spectators.

It also made me appreciate the importance of pacing myself. Starting in a later wave means I'll have to adjust my strategy slightly. I can't afford to go out too fast, as I'll be running in a pack with a lot of other people. I need to stay calm and focus on my own race, without getting caught up in the excitement of the crowds.

As I look ahead to the final days of training, I know there will be still the chance for some challenges and more opportunities for growth. But for now, I'm grateful for this rest day, and for the chance to reflect on how far I've come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey