Day 106 of London Marathon 2023 Training: Rest Day and Carb-Loading Begins!

Welcome back to day 106 of my London Marathon 2023 training blog! Today marked the beginning of the carb-loading process, but before we get into that, let's start with the fact that today was a rest day. After a long day back at work, I felt like I really needed the rest. I took this time to reflect on my training journey so far and reminded myself of how far I've come.

With only 6 days left until the London Marathon, I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm ready to push my limits and accomplish my goal, but at the same time, I'm aware of the challenge that lies ahead.

Today also marked the beginning of the carb-loading process. For those who aren't familiar with it, carb-loading involves increasing your carbohydrate intake a few days before a long endurance event like a marathon. The idea is to maximise your glycogen stores, which are the body's primary source of fuel during exercise.

For dinner, I had an interesting combination of beef burgers and tomato pasta. I know it sounds like an odd mix, but I wanted to get a good balance of protein and carbohydrates. My plate genuinely looked like something you would get from the kids buffet when on an all-inclusive holiday!

As always, I want to remind you all that you can still donate to the Sittingbourne Carnival Court via my GoFundMe page. Your support means the world to me and the Carnival Court, and every little bit helps.

As we approach the final stretch of my London Marathon 2023 training, I want to thank you all for following along with me on this journey. It's been an incredible experience so far, and I'm excited to see what the future holds. Stay tuned for more updates! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey