Day 99: Embracing my Inner Geek at Warhammer World and Recharging for the London Marathon

 Welcome back to my London Marathon 2023 training blog on day 99 out of 112. Yesterday, I completed a long run, which means today was a well-deserved rest day. I decided to make the most of this rest day and embrace my hidden inner geek at Warhammer World in Nottingham.



Now, I know what some of you might be thinking - "isn't Warhammer just a game of toy soldiers?" But let me tell you, it's so much more than that. And if you need proof, just look at Henry Cavill, who played Superman in the recent movies, and is a huge Warhammer fan.

Henry Cavill is a well-known advocate for the Warhammer hobby, and has even talked about how it helps him relax and unwind after a long day of work. If Superman himself can find the time and enjoyment to indulge in this hobby, then surely it's worth giving it a chance.

I spent my day building some Blood Bowl models and walking around the exhibition, marveling at the intricate designs and attention to detail. However, as much as I enjoyed myself, I quickly realized that the London Marathon is just around the corner on 23rd April, which means I only have a matter of days left until the big day. With every training session being crucial, it's essential to maintain focus and discipline to ensure that I am ready for the challenge.

Nevertheless, it was a great day to be completely away from training and work. It allowed me to recharge both physically and mentally, which is just as important for my marathon training as the actual running itself. It's easy to get caught up in the grind of training, so it's essential to take a break every now and then.

I'll be back to training tomorrow, and I'm hoping for some good weather to make my training run even more enjoyable. With the London Marathon only a few weeks away, every training day counts, and I need to make sure that I am at my best. However, it's crucial to remember that rest and recovery are just as crucial as the actual running. So, if you ever get the chance, embrace your inner geek and take a break from the routine - it might just be what you need to recharge and refocus.

Thanks for reading and see you on day 100!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey