London Marathon 2023 Training Blog: Day 110 - Birthday Celebrations and Final Countdown

 Happy birthday to me and welcome to day 110 of my London Marathon 2023 training blog! Today has been an incredible day filled with love, laughter, and of course, running. I started the day with a nice and easy 30 minute run to shake off the cobwebs from my now 37 year old body. It felt great to start the day with a little bit of exercise, and it really set the tone for the rest of the day.



After my run, I headed off to work and powered through my day. I must admit that my mind was constantly drifting towards the upcoming marathon, but I managed to stay focused and productive. The excitement and anticipation of the race is definitely starting to build as the big day draws nearer.

But, the real celebration began when I got home. Kelly and our three girls had planned a wonderful pizza party for me, complete with all of my favorite toppings. It was so nice to kick back and relax with my loved ones and enjoy some delicious food.

And what's a birthday celebration without a little bit of gaming? We spent the rest of the evening playing Super Mario Party games on our Switch, which was great fun. It was the perfect way to wind down and spend some quality time together.

With only two days left until the marathon, I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. I feel ready and excited for the challenge ahead, and I can't wait to see what the experience will bring. Stay tuned for the final two days of my training blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey