London Marathon 2023 Training Blog: Race Number Collection Day and Cable Car Adventures

 Today was an exciting day as I went to collect my race number at the ExCel Centre. As Thursday was expected to be less busy, I decided to take myself up to the ExCel via the cable car from the O2 - and it was a great decision!

When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't busy at all. I sailed through the collection process and soon had my race number in hand. The organisation was fantastic, and I navigated my way through the trade show with ease.

As I walked around the trade show, I was amazed at the variety of products and services on offer. There were stands selling everything from high-tech running shoes to energy gels to recovery products. It was clear that the running community is well-catered for, and I made a mental note to try out some of the products once the race was over.

After finishing up at the ExCel, I headed back home via the cable car again. It was such a great experience that I couldn't resist taking it twice! The views from the cable car were stunning, and it was the perfect way to round off a successful day.

With only three days to go until the big day, I remind myself that I have put in months of training, and now it's almost time to put it to the test. The London Marathon is one of the most iconic races in the world, and the course is notoriously challenging. However, I am determined to give it my all.

As I approach the finish line, I am also thinking about the Sittingbourne Carnival Court, who I am raising money for via my GoFundMe page. They are a fantastic local organisation that does so much for the local community, and I am proud to be supporting them. If you haven't already, please consider donating to this worthy cause.

I am now in the final stretch of my London Marathon 2023 training, and I can't wait to see what the race day brings. I'll be back tomorrow with another update on my journey, so be sure to check back then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey