Pushing Through: My Intervals Training on Day 96 of London Marathon 2023 Training

It's day 96 of my London Marathon 2023 training, and I am happy to report that I managed to get back out to a return of intervals training today.

To be completely honest, I still wasn't feeling great this morning. I still had a bit of a sniffle and a chesty cough, but I was determined to get back on track for the final push towards the finishing line up The Mall on 23rd April. After a 10 minute warm up, I launched into 4 x 8 minute efforts in heart rate zone 4 with a 90 second rest in between each run.

It was tough going, I won't lie. I had a few moments where I started coughing, but I pushed through to the end and am really pleased that I completed today's run. It's always a great feeling to push through a tough workout and come out the other side feeling accomplished.

The great thing about completing your run first thing in the morning when you're on holiday is that you know that you have the rest of the day to do whatever you want without the thought of having to run hanging over you. I'm currently on holiday in Sittingbourne, and I must say, it's lovely to explore this charming town without the thought of a looming run in the back of my mind.

That's all from me for now. Keep on running, my friends, and I'll see you on day 97 of my London Marathon 2023 training blog. Cheers!

P.S. You can still donate to the Sittingbourne Carnival Court via my GoFundMe page. It's a fantastic cause, and any contribution would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey