Rain or Shine: Conquering the Elements in My London Marathon 2023 Training

 Today's run was a true test of my determination and perseverance. It was Day 100 of my London Marathon 2023 training, and the one word that summed up my experience was RAIN!!! It was pouring down throughout my entire interval session, making it one of the toughest runs I've had in a while.

Thankfully, I had a 6 x 5 minute session scheduled for today, so I didn't have to push myself too hard for too long. The rain made it challenging enough, but I managed to keep up with the pace and complete each interval. Even though the elements were certainly against me, I didn't let it defeat me. I conquered the rain and triumphed over it!

I have to admit, I don't think I would have been able to give much more today anyway as the weather made it so difficult. But I knew that skipping a day of training would only set me back, so I decided to push through it instead. I laced up my shoes and hit the pavement, determined to get my session done no matter what.

And you know what? It was worth it. Even though I was soaked to the bone and my shoes were squishing with every step, I felt a sense of accomplishment and pride in myself that I wouldn't have felt if I had given up. It's days like these that make me realize that running is not just about physical endurance but mental toughness too.

As a runner, I've learned that the weather is just one of the many obstacles that we have to overcome. There will be days when it's too hot, too cold, or too wet to run. But it's up to us to decide whether to let it defeat us or to triumph over it. Today, I chose the latter, and I know that it will only make me a stronger and better runner in the long run.

So, if you're ever feeling discouraged by the weather or any other obstacle, remember that you have the power to overcome it. It may not be easy, but it will be worth it. Keep pushing yourself, keep persevering, and keep running towards your goals. Because at the end of the day, it's not about the conditions you face, but the determination you bring to the table that truly matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey