Two Weeks to Go: Enjoying the Countryside on Day 98 of My London Marathon 2023 Training

 I can hardly believe that there are only two weeks left until the London Marathon 2023! Day 98 of my training saw me embark on a route towards Faversham, but a split second decision saw me take a detour out into the stunning countryside towards Rodmersham, Kingsdown, and beyond.

It was an absolutely beautiful day, and I relished the freedom to explore and enjoy the natural beauty around me. As I made my way across fields and up hills, the sun shining down on me, I felt incredibly grateful for the opportunity to run and to be alive.

My training run for the day was split into two hours, with the first hour spent in heart rate zone 2 and the second in zone 3. I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable I felt, given the distance and terrain. It was a great reminder of how far I've come over the past few months and the progress I've made in my fitness.

As I get closer to race day, I know it's time to start tapering my training slightly. My programme will gradually reduce the volume and intensity of my training to allow my body to recover fully and be in peak condition for the big day. I know it's important to stick to this plan and trust in my preparations.

With the London Marathon 2023 just around the corner, I'm determined to stay focused and motivated. The race itself is just the culmination of months of hard work and dedication, and I'm proud of how far I've come. As I reflect on day 98 of my training, I'm filled with gratitude for the journey so far and excitement for what's to come.

With two weeks to go, I know it's time to fine-tune my preparations and get ready for the biggest challenge yet. I'm ready for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey