Walking through Parliament: A Training Day with a Difference

 Welcome back to day 107 of my London Marathon 2023 training blog! As you know, I am now in the final stages of my marathon preparation, and today was a training day with a difference. Instead of running, I opted for something completely different - walking!

I was fortunate enough to be on a school trip to the Houses of Parliament today. This is something that I have been wanting to do for years, and when the opportunity arose, I jumped at the chance. As I live outside of London, travelling to the capital by train was necessary, which meant a significant amount of walking was involved.

So instead of my usual run, I set myself a goal of achieving 17,000 steps throughout the day. The walk was a refreshing change from my regular running routine, and it allowed me to explore the city on foot, taking in all the sights and sounds of the bustling metropolis.

As I strolled through the city, I was filled with excitement and anticipation for the big race day on Sunday. The realisation that the marathon is just around the corner was enough to make me feel both anxious and thrilled.

One of the highlights of the day was being able to walk through the House of Lords and witness a live debate from the gallery in the House of Commons. It was an incredible experience to see democracy in action, and it gave me an insight into the workings of the British government.

With only a few days left until the marathon, I am feeling a mix of emotions. I am excited about the challenge ahead, and I am looking forward to testing myself on the day. At the same time, I am a little apprehensive about the potential for injury or exhaustion, but I am confident that I have prepared well.

As I head into the final few days of training, I am determined to keep my focus and continue to prepare mentally and physically. The London Marathon is an enormous challenge, but it is also an opportunity to raise awareness and funds for a good cause. So don't forget that you can still donate to the Sittingbourne Carnival Court via my GoFundMe page!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Balance: Life, Hobbies, and Marathon Training

Day 82: Pushing Through the Pain - Intense Interval Training

Balancing Training and Fun: Reflections on Day 34 of My London Marathon 2023 Journey